Welcome to the online application tool for the Doctoral Training Program in the Learning Sciences
Thank you for your interest in the Doctoral Training Program in the Learning Sciences!
The Doctoral Training Program (DTP) is one central training component of the MCLS, the Munich Center of the Learning Sciences. The main goals of the DTP include facilitating access to methods and skills of the participating disciplines to the doctoral students, support in designing and conducting state-of-the-art dissertation research projects, doctoral research quality ensurance in the context of the MCLS through systematic support, and the integration of the doctoral students into the relevant scientific communities.
The application period for the DTP: Learning Sciences winter term 2018/2019 is as follows (The tool is not open beforehand).
Application period: January 15, 2018 - March 1, 2018
Submission deadline: March 1, 2018, 11:59pm (UTC+1)
We highly recommend to submit the application a few days before the deadline. This serves to avoid any submission problems due to server problems, which may occur if too many users try to submit their application at once.
In order to get accepted, international applicants have to apply at (1) the DTP: Learning Sciences and (2) the International Office of LMU via the Doctoral Program's Office. German students with a German degree only need to apply at (1) the DTP: Learning Sciences.
1. Information on the Online Application for the DTP: Learning Sciences
- Your data is NOT stored automatically! Please use the “save” button at the bottom of each page to store your information before logging out!
- Upload of documents: Select the file and then click on “upload”
- Only PDF files can be uploaded. In case there is only one "Upload document" request for multiple PDF files (e.g., Evidence for all courses and experience), please merge the PDFs into one and then upload it (You find various freeware online).
- The recommendation letter and the MCLS Supervisory Agreement must be uploaded by the referee and supervisor themselves. Please get in touch with them before entering their contact details to request the upload of the respective document. Once you enter their data and click on “Save”, an automatic email is sent to the indicated person and no further changes are possible. If you want to change your referee or supervisor data (e.g. indicating a different referee/supervisor or entering a different email address), you will have to contact the coordination office. We highly recommend contacting your referees in advance and ensuring the accuracy of their contact information.
- You don’t have to fill out the application in one go. You can come back to it throughout the application period. You are able to change information until you “submitted” your application.
- There is a separate "Save and Submit" button for final submission of all documents and data. This is visible at the bottom of each page. You will be notified if some fields have not been filled in or if there is a document missing.
- After successful submission of all documents, the profile cannot be edited anymore. No further changes are possible.
- There is also an email notification, confirming the successful submission of your application.
- A list of all required documents can be found on the following link:
Here is the link to the application requirements:
Here is the link to the FAQ and all necessary documents:
- Note on browser use: The application tool has been optimized for Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Please use one of these two browsers when managing the application tool.
2. Application at the international office of the LMU Munich (only for applicants with foreign citizenship)
- Applicants with foreign citizenship please check the information on our website first, as we recommend to apply through our office: http://www.en.mcls.lmu.de/study_programs/dtp/documents2/index.html
- Please make sure to send your documents for the International Office solely to the Doctoral Program’s office. If you are accepted, we will finalize your documents and forward them to the International Office directly! This ensures fast communication and the possibility to send your acceptance letters via e-mail. Do not send your documents to both offices either!
- Since the Doctoral Training Program is offered in English, there is no need for proof of German language fluency.
All information about deadlines and required documents for application at the international office can be found here: http://www.en.uni-muenchen.de/students/degree/admission_info/index.html
- We do not accept applications after the deadline.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- If your application is rejected, you can apply again next year.