The Research Training Group "Targets in Toxicology - Deciphering Therapeutic Targets in Lung Toxicology" is a newly founded structured Ph.D. program which brings together twelve research partners in the Munich region. Principal investigators from the LMU Munich, Helmholtz Zentrum München, Technische Universität München, and the Bundeswehr Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology have teamed up to acquire an in-depth mechanistic understanding of toxic lung injury and to develop the new concept of "precision toxicology" in acute and chronic toxic lung injury.
The Research Training Group will recruit highly talented graduates of life sciences or medicine, starting from September 2018. The structured Ph.D. program (Ph.D. in Medical Research) will implement specialized training in lung pathophysiology and the whole discipline of toxicology by an internationally renowned faculty.
The Research Training Group represents a truly international program and benefits from an excellent scientific environment and a state-of-the-art research infrastructure. Students will profit from tailor-made teaching curricula, international networking opportunities including an exchange program, and close mentorship while performing cutting edge research projects at the interface of basic and clinical science.
Further Information see LMU Press Release "New Approaches to Toxicology"
For information about the GRK 2338 including the project topics, please see www.grk2338.med.uni-muenchen.de.
Online applications for doctoral positions are now being accepted until April 18, 2018. Please see below our anticipated timeline for the application and selection process.
Ideal candidates should hold (or be in the final stage of) a master’s degree or an equivalent first professional qualification degree in the Life Sciences (e.g. in Biology, (Bio)Chemistry, Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, or Pharmacy) and be proficient in English.
The following documents should be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae including publication list (if applicable)
- Letter of Motivation (in English) specifying the project(s) of interest, indicating your particular qualification and motivation for PhD studies, and summarizing your research interests, ideas, and expectations regarding your future professional career.
- Last School Certificate
- Documentation for qualifying Academic Degrees (PDFs of transcripts, degree certificates)
- Abstract of Master thesis or doctoral thesis (if applicable)
- Other qualification certificates e.g. TOEFL (if applicable)
- Names, affiliations, and email addresses of two referees
Disabled candidates are preferentially considered in case of equal qualification. Applications from women are encouraged.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.